Let’s face it, the weather in Niles, Illinois can wreak havoc on concrete and asphalt all around the city. Especially when that winter has a Polar Vortex that comes with it which plunges the temperature down to -30 degrees. The reason we feel potholes when driving and that the concrete is always cracking is that water gets in the cracks in concrete, freezes, then melts, expanding the crack. This can also cause you a lot of problems with your driveway as well. However, having a concrete driveway in your home can last up to 50 years. 50 years! Scaravalle Company Inc is the number one concrete driveway service in Niles, Illinois. Our crew of expert technicians and our exacting standards have transformed houses in the area and increased their curb appeal for over 20 years. When you trust your concrete driveway to Scaravalle you are trusting a company who is known for:
- 5 Star Rating on with Bluebook Building and Construction Network
- An A+ Business with the BBB
- 5 Star Rating on Yelp
- Working With Local Niles, Illinois Businesses For Over 20 Years!
- 5 Star Rating on Facebook
If you are looking to install a concrete driveway to make your driveway last longer or replace a cracked and broken driveway with one that will last Scaravalle Company Inc. is the local concrete driveway service that you can trust. Call us now or use the form to the right to contact us about your driveway today:
Call Now: 847-520-0200
Contact Us Now!
Whether it is providing a place to park your cars or giving your kids a place to run around during the spring and summer driveways are used a lot more than we think. It is one of those home functions that we never really think
However, the first question that most people have about their driveways is whether to use asphalt or cement. In Niles, Illinois these are the two main types of driveways that you will see come with a home.
Concrete Driveway Maintenance Niles
Since concrete driveways are the best option for your home the first thing you will have to do is plan out and frame where the concrete driveway will go. This ensures that the concrete will not run or pour onto a place in your yard that you do not want it to go. It also ensures that your driveway has nice smooth edges off the side. This is important later on. Finally, one of the things you want to look for is trees around where you want your concrete driveway to go. Tree roots can grow underneath the concrete and lead to uprooting the concrete and splitting it because of the tree roots growing underneath it. Scaravalle Company Inc. has poured thousands of concrete driveway in Niles, Illinois and can provide you the insight you need to ensure that you place your driveway where it needs to be poured for the future safety of the driveway.
Concrete Driveway Tips
After the driveway is poured and installed and smoothed over the real question is what can you do to make sure the driveway lasts as long as possible? Scaravalle Company Inc. is a different concrete contractor in Niles. We believe in working with our clients, not against them. This means that we want to make sure that you understand what our technicians are doing and the steps we are taking. Also, we want to make sure that you are 100% satisfied with the work we are doing on the driveway. Therefore, we want to give you some helpful tools and tips on how to make your new concrete driveway last as long as possible.
- Sealants: Concrete driveways do not have to be sealed every 3-5 years like asphalt driveways. When it comes to sealing a concrete driveway you can get sealant to restore the look of your driveway. Some sealants also have waterproofing chemicals in them. Waterproofing the driveway is going to prevent cracks and breaks because it prevents water from getting in there and freezing during the winter.
- Avoid Salting: During the winter avoid using salt on concrete driveways. This will actually destroy the driveway and speed up normal wear and tear. If you need to make your driveway less slippery you can always use sand or other materials that won’t damage the driveway.
- Don’t Park on the Edges: Parking on the edges of your driveway can actually cause them to collapse easier. Having a lot of weight resting on the edges will cause chips and more to appear and that can transfer to the middle of the driveway.
- Reseal Cracks Immediately: When you have a crack in your concrete driveway make sure that you can use a compound agent in order to seal the crack as soon as possible. This will make ensure that water doesn’t enter those cracks, freeze, unfreeze and make the crack bigger.
- Remove Stains Quickly: While it might seem harmless, substances like motor oil can penetrate concrete. They can stay in the concrete and cause cracks later on. When you spill on your concrete just make sure you remove the stain as soon as you possibly can.
Concrete Driveways Niles
Choosing to install a concrete driveway is actually a great investment for your home. It is going to give you the durability and the lifespan you need for the entire time you own the home. Following these maintenance tips can increase the life of your concrete driveway. If you’re curious about more services that Scaravalle Company Inc. does in Niles, check out the other specialty service articles below to learn more.
Studies have shown that employees who enjoy coming into work are more productive, stay longer with the business, and are happier. Scaravalle Company Inc. can help! We have been helping business in Niles, Illinois with their commercial concrete project for over 20...
Between running your business, or going to work, it is really hard to keep up with the look and all the upkeep that your landscaping requires. Owning a business or a home in a community you can a beautifully maintained lawn and landscape look is definitely...
When you own a business safety for your employees and your staff is the number one priority. We all know the brutal Winters that can strike Niles, Illinois every year. This is why having a full-service commercial snow removal service on retainer is the best idea for...