Let’s face it, the weather in Grayslake, Illinois can wreak havoc on concrete and asphalt. The reason we feel potholes when driving and that the concrete is always cracking is because water gets in the cracks in concrete, freezes, then melts, expanding the crack. All of these things together can cause you a lot of problems with your driveway as well. However, having a concrete driveway in your home can last up to 50 years. Scaravalle Company Inc is one of most respected concrete driveway companies serving the Grayslake area. Our crew of expert technicians and our exacting standards have transformed homes in the area and increased their curb appeal for over 25 years. When you trust your concrete driveway to Scaravalle you are trusting a company who is known for:
- 5 Star Rating on with Bluebook Building and Construction Network
- 5 Star Rating on Facebook
- 5 Star Rating on Yelp
- An A+ Business with the BBB
If you are looking to install a concrete driveway to make your driveway last longer or replace a cracked and broken driveway with one that will last Scaravalle Company Inc. is
Call Now: 847-383-0382
Driveways Contractors Grayslake
Driveways are just one of those home features that we never really take for granted, until we notice that it has become cracked, chipped and has holes. If your current driveway is in this condition we can help! Scaravalle Company Inc. is the number one concrete driveway service in Grayslake, Illinois and we believe in working with homeowners and businesses, not against them. We want to provide you with as much information as possible, so that you can make the best choice for your home or business and that you can get as much life out of your driveway as possible.
However, one of the first questions that most people have about their driveways is whether to use asphalt or cement. In Grayslake these are the two main types of driveways that you will see come with a home. However, there are differences in these options. Asphalt driveways are cheaper to install. There is no denying that. However, that is where the advantages of asphalt driveways over concrete driveways end. Concrete driveways are more durable, last longer, and easier to maintain. Asphalt driveways soften in the summer while concrete driveways crack during the winter. Therefore, the weather really plays a factor on both driveways. Concrete driveways can have a seal applied to them in order to maintain their look. Asphalt driveways need to be re-sealed every 3-5 years. Concrete driveways last longer than asphalt driveways.
Reasons to Install Concrete Driveways in Grayslake
Reason #1: Use of Renewable Resources
Did you know that compared to asphalt pavement,(which are constructed using petroleum supplies that are non-renewable by nature) concrete pavement make use of sustainable and abundant resources such as cement, sand, rock, and water. In fact, the primary material in cement is nautally abundant limestone.
Reason #3: Help Save Energy
Statistics revealed by the American Concrete Pavement Association highlight the fact that almost 27% light reflects from the concrete surface compared to 5% from pavements made using asphalt. Additionally, heat island effect commonly noticed in urban areas gets reduced when paving material of light color (like concrete) is used.
Reason #4: Lasts Longer
A properly installed concrete driveway will easily last for a few decades and certainly, 2 to 3 times longer compared to a typical asphalt driveway.
Since, there is a lesser need for resurfacing or replacing the concrete driveway, over its lifespan, the pavement consumes less amount of raw materials, labor and time all of which saves you money!
Concrete Driveway Maintenance Tips
After the driveway is poured and installed and smoothed over the real question is what can you do to make sure the driveway lasts as long as possible? Scaravalle Company Inc. is a different concrete contractor in Grayslake. We believe in working with our clients, not against them. This means that we want to make sure that you understand what our technicians are doing and the steps we are taking. Also, we want to make sure that you are 100% satisfied with the work we are doing on the driveway. Therefore, we want to give you some helpful tools and tips on how to make your new concrete driveway last as long as possible.
- Reseal Cracks Immediately: When you have a crack in your concrete driveway make sure that you can use a compound agent in order to seal the crack as soon as possible. This will make ensure that water doesn’t enter those cracks, freeze, unfreeze and make the crack bigger.
- Remove Stains Quickly: While it might seem harmless, substances like motor oil can penetrate concrete. They can stay in the concrete and cause cracks later on. When you spill on your concrete just make sure you remove the stain as soon as you possibly can.
- Sealants: Concrete driveways do not have to be sealed every 3-5 years like asphalt driveways. When it comes to sealing a concrete driveway you can get sealant to restore the look of your driveway. Some sealants also have waterproofing chemicals in them. Waterproofing the driveway is going to prevent cracks and breaks because it prevents water from getting in there and freezing during the winter.
- Don’t Park on the Edges: Parking on the edges of your driveway can actually cause them to collapse easier. Having a lot of weight resting on the edges will cause chips and more to appear and that can transfer to the middle of the driveway.
Round Lake IL
Round Lake Beach IL.
Lake Forest Illinois