Having a concrete driveway in your home can last up to 50 years. 50 years! Scaravalle Company Inc is of the most experienced concrete driveway service contractors in the Rosemont area. Our crew of expert technicians and our exacting standards have transformed houses in the area and increased their curb appeal for over 25 years. When you trust your concrete driveway to Scaravalle you are trusting a company who is known for:
- 5 Star Rating on with Bluebook Building and Construction Network
- 5 Star Rating on Facebook
- 5 Star Rating on Yelp
- Working in Rosemont For Over 25 Years!
- An A+ Business with the BBB
If you are looking to install a concrete driveway to make your driveway last longer or replace a cracked and broken driveway with one that will last Scaravalle Company Inc. is
Call Now: (847) 520-0200
New Driveways Installation Rosemont
Whether it is providing a place to park your cars or giving your kids a place to run around during the spring and summer driveways are used a lot more than we think. It is one of those home functions that we never really think about, until one day we wake up and truly take a look at it. Cracked, chipped, holes, these things can really aggravate and frustrate us in our driveways. However, there are things we can do to maintain the look of our driveway as much as possible. Scaravalle Company Inc. is the number one concrete driveway service Throughout the Rosemont Illinois area and we believe in working with homeowners and businesses, not against them. We want to provide you with as much information as possible, so that you can make the best choice for your home or business and that you can get as much life out of your driveway as possible.
However, the first question that most people have about their driveways is whether to use asphalt or cement. In Rosemont these are the two main types of driveways that you will see come with a home. However, there are differences in these options. Asphalt driveways are cheaper to install. There is no denying that. However, that is where the advantages of asphalt driveways over concrete driveways end. Concrete driveways are more durable, last longer, and easier to maintain. Asphalt driveways soften in the summer while concrete driveways crack during the winter. Therefore, the weather really plays a factor on both driveways. Concrete driveways can have a seal applied to them in order to maintain their look. Asphalt driveways need to be re-sealed every 3-5 years. Concrete driveways last longer than asphalt driveways.
Concrete Driveway Tips
After the driveway is poured and installed and smoothed over the real question is what can you do to make sure the driveway lasts as long as possible? Scaravalle Company Inc. is a different concrete contractor in Rosemont. We believe in working with our clients, not against them. This means that we want to make sure that you understand what our technicians are doing and the steps we are taking. Also, we want to make sure that you are 100% satisfied with the work we are doing on the driveway. Therefore, we want to give you some helpful tools and tips on how to make your new concrete driveway last as long as possible.
- Avoid Salting: During the winter avoid using salt on concrete driveways. This will actually destroy the driveway and speed up normal wear and tear. If you need to make your driveway less slippery you can always use sand or other materials that won’t damage the driveway.
- Reseal Cracks Immediately: When you have a crack in your concrete driveway make sure that you can use a compound agent in order to seal the crack as soon as possible. This will make ensure that water doesn’t enter those cracks, freeze, unfreeze and make the crack bigger.
- Remove Stains Quickly: While it might seem harmless, substances like motor oil can penetrate concrete. They can stay in the concrete and cause cracks later on. When you spill on your concrete just make sure you remove the stain as soon as you possibly can.
- Sealants: Concrete driveways do not have to be sealed every 3-5 years like asphalt driveways. When it comes to sealing a concrete driveway you can get sealant to restore the look of your driveway. Some sealants also have waterproofing chemicals in them. Waterproofing the driveway is going to prevent cracks and breaks because it prevents water from getting in there and freezing during the winter.
- Don’t Park on the Edges: Parking on the edges of your driveway can actually cause them to collapse easier. Having a lot of weight resting on the edges will cause chips and more to appear and that can transfer to the middle of the driveway.